Do more with the PIECAL 334Plus milliamp calibrator! Have you ever replaced a “faulty” transmitter only to find the problem was somewhere else in the loop? And did you end up throwing the transmitter away after you fixed the other problem “just in case” the transmitter was faulty?
If you find a loop where the transmitter is calibrated correctly but all the readings elsewhere in the loop have a fixed offset, this is due to Zero Shift. This zero shift is typically caused by some current in the loop bypassing the transmitter. This might be caused by ground faults, moisture or corrosion. If you have some loops that are erratic after it rains, there may be moisture present in a junction box where insulation has broken down. Turn on Ground Leak Detection and use the PIECAL 334Plus milliamp calibrator to power up the loop. Any current that isn’t controlled by the transmitter or other current control element will be indicated as leakage on the PIECAL 334Plus milliamp calibrator display. Practical Instrument Electronics (PIE) is the technology leader in Process Loop Calibrators. Practical Instruments manufactures the leading edge in Milliamp (mA), Voltage (V), RTD, Thermocouple (T/C), and Multifunction handheld calibrators.
- Source 0.00 to 24.00 mA & -25.0 to 125.0% of 4-20 mA
- Read 0.00 to 52.00 mA
- Read -99.99 to 99.99 V
- Power & Read Transmitters
- Menu Selectable 250 Ohm resistor for HART compatibility
- Accurate to ±(0.02% of Reading + 0.002 mA)
- Easy-to-Read Backlit Display
- Locate Loop Current Leakages
- Automatic indication of Loop Current and Leakage Current. Measure ground current leakage from faulty wiring, flooded conduit and corrosion bridges. Leakage typically appears as a Zero Shift and helps you decide if the transmitter needs calibration or if there is a problem in the loop wiring.
- Three output EZ-CHECK switch
- 2 speed EZ-DIAL
- Stepping & Ramping
- Includes Rubber Boot & Test Leads