The Megger MIT400/2 insulation and continuity tester is designed not just for Electrical and Industrial, but with an exceptionally wide range of applications from electrical installations, cable testing, motor testing, automotive, ESD, panel building, avionics, maintenance etc.
Insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback controlled test voltages to limit over-voltage to 2%, rather than the industry standard 10-20%.
A variable range has been added to allow any intermediate voltage from 50 V to 1000 V in 10 V steps, where application-specific test voltages are required that do not appear in the standard ranges.
Continuity testing is now significantly faster, and a single auto-ranging 0.01 ohmto 1.0 Mohm function replaces the “ohms” and “kOhms” ranges. Retained are the 200 mA and 20 mA test options.
Replacing the original MIT400 instruments the new unit features a redesigned case, back-stand, and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. All instruments are over-moulded for increased protection and achieve an IP54 weatherproof rating.
- Insulation testing up to 1000 V and 200 Gohm range
- Stabilized insulation test voltage (New)Single range, faster continuity testing from 0.01 ohm to 1 Mohm (New)
- 600 V Trms AC and DC voltage measurement
- Live circuit detection and protection
- User variable insulation test voltage from 100V to 1000V (New), depending on model
- Test result storage and Bluetooth® downloading, depending on model
- Rechargeable options for mains and car charging (New), depending on model
- CAT IV 600 V & IP54
The Megger MIT400/2 series consists of four instruments:
- MIT400/2 – 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V
- MIT410/2 – 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V + Polarization Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio
- MIT420/2 – 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V + Polarization Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio, Variable Test Voltage and result storage
- MIT430/2 – 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V and 1000 V +Polarization Index, Dielectric Absorption Ratio, Variable Test Voltage and Bluetooth download